Project Manager – f/m/d
(Water and Nature-Based Solutions)
Location: Frankfurt or Hamburg (Germany)
Contract type: Full time
Founded in 2012, management4ecosystems GmbH (m4eco), formerly ETLog GmbH, is a climate and environment consultancy specialized in Climate Change Action (Adaptation and Mitigation) and Eco-system Restoration and Rehabilitation. Our areas of expertise span across Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Waste Management and wider Environment and Climate Change critical topics such as Circular Economy, Environmental Health and Nature-Base Solutions. Our key clients include the German Develop-ment Cooperation (KfW and GIZ), the World Bank, EU, ADB, EIB, various NGOs, and public sectors such as National and Regional Governments and Municipalities. The projects we implement for our clients’ span across Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
In 2020, m4eco was acquired by management4development (m4d), a holding group that aims to tackle global multi-sectoral challenges toward achieving Sustainable Development Goals. m4d is expanding its footprint in the health sector (m4health.pro), education, and the environmental and climate sector through m4eco.
Join our rapidly growing team and operations at m4eco, where you will play a pivotal contribution to our mission of working towards Sustainable Development and Climate Action. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from diverse profiles and backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Areas of responsibility include:
The Project Manager is expected to play a key role in expanding the portfolio and service lines in the key strategic development areas such as Nature-Based Solutions and wider Water-related areas (WASH, hydrology, water security, blue economy and coastal ecosystems restoration and rehabilitation).
Areas of responsibility include:
- Business development and client outreach
- Lead coordination and preparation of tenders for new projects and programs
- Project planning, management, controlling, experts and partners coordination, client relations
- Expert selection, management, quality control of deliverables, performance management
- Work as an expert and consultant on projects in some of the above-mentioned technical areas
- Support knowledge management and service development
- Contribute to the continuous development of the organization and the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Prospectively, the position offers the opportunity of taking up increasing responsibilities in com-pany strategic development, operational and business management
- Monthly and quarterly reporting of Key Performance Indicators
- in Natural Resources Management, Conservation, Forestry, Environmental Sciences, Economics, Geography, Sustainable Development, Environmental Engineering or related topics
- in related topics with an additional 3 years of relevant experience may also be accepted depending on experience
- She/he/they is expected to have 3-5 years of experience in one of the topics mentioned above and project management experience. She/he/they has experience working with clients and projects in low-middle income countries and is well versed to work in a multicultural team.
- Experience with international development organizations such as EBRD, ADB, World Bank, KfW/GIZ, Green Climate Fund, and other environmental agencies would be a strong asset.
- Full proficiency in English is mandatory
- Work proficiency in another language (s) such as Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili, French and/or German would be an asset
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
m4eco is committed to:
- achieving gender equity in the team
- building a culturally diverse team committed to working in a pluralistic environment, we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
- equitable opportunities for all and encourages applications from people with disabilities
- This position is based in Frankfurt or Hamburg, Germany. However, we are open to different circumstances (restrictions due to parenting, disability, others)
- To apply, please send your CV with a motivation letter to the attention of the Senior Business and Project Manager Mr. Filipe Camaño Garcia at email@example.com
- Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
- Application deadline: April 15th